Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 10, 2013

Panasonic TC-L42E5 42-Inch Deals

By FaceForRadio (San Francisco, CA USA) -
This review is from: Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E5 37-Inch 1080p 60Hz Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV (2012 Model) (Electronics)
This TV provides an excellent picture, with a very wide viewing angle (for an LCD). However...

On page 63 of the manual, it says "The TV's internal software was designed to work with Panasonic's wireless adapter model DY-WL10." After trying three non-Panasonic wireless adapters just to see if they would work (they wouldn't), I purchased the Panasonic adapter, but, as the other reviewer discovered, the TV would not recognize the DY-WL10. Panasonic's Netconnect site covers only 2011 television models--nothing about 2012 models.

When I called Panasonic Support today, I was told that, no, the DY-WL10 isn't compatible with any of the 2012 Panasonic models. The model that the support rep recommended is the DY-WL5, which isn't available yet; I can't find it on Amazon, or even on Panasonic's own site. B&H Photo lists it for pre-order with a March 31st availability date. So, at least until that date, this TV cannot use a wireless connection.

Backup plan: I used a powerline ethernet adapter to connect the TV to my router. The TV recognized it easily, and it works fine in my house. But, as with all powerline products, your house's wiring must be pretty good for it to work well enough for video transfer.

[Edit 03/08/2012] As a commenter pointed out, the appropriate wireless adapter for this TV (and I assume all 2012 Panasonic WiFi-ready models) is the DY-WL20, not the DY-WL5. Of course, I can't find that model for sale either as of this moment.

 By C. Reach (New Jersey, USA) -
This review is from: Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E5 37-Inch 1080p 60Hz Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV (2012 Model) (Electronics)
Really great tv. Perfect size for my office/studio. Picture quality is excellent. I calibrated the tv using settings I found with a quick google search. Sound is ok, but as with most flat screens it lacks a really impressive on board audio set up. Xbox 360 games look incredible. I've been playing Skyrim and Battlefield 3 and am blown away by the picture. I fired up amazon prime (through Viera Cast) and watched Troll Hunter in HD. Again, beautiful picture (and awesome low budget Norweigian movie).

And now a more niche consideration. I am an illustrator by trade and use a Wacom tablet and photoshop in my day to day work. I purchased this tv with the intention of utilizing it as a third, large scale monitor for certain projects. A big reason I went for this particular tv is the LED screen. I find it is much easier on my eyes when I am painting on screen for hours on end.

So there you have it. Beautiful image quality, a decent service lineup (Netflix, Prime, etc.), customization, great aesthetics, light weight, and it won't make your eyes bleed when you are painting an event poster at 2 in the morning.

And yes, it says wi-fi ready but it needs an adapter. Otherwise it would say built in wi-fi. so the option is either buy a tv with built in (an extra $200-$2000) or buy an adapter ($60.. I agree it's a rip off. I ran a wire.). Same reason the E3 model had only 4 stars, from what I read in the reviews. So if you can get past that, this is a really excellent buy.
By Michael (Atlanta) -
This review is from: Panasonic TC-L42E5 42-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED-LCD TV (Electronics)
After spending several days looking at different TV's, we decided on this 42" Panasonic LED LCD. I am an electrical engineer and I understand the difference between an traditional LCD and an LED LCD. I liked the lower power usage and light weight of this TV. I have also had a Panasonic TV (tube type) for over 15 years and it still looks great. Consequently, I had a high degree of confidence with Panasonic. Unfortunately, the picture on this TV seems washed out. The darkest dark value is really grey. I tried changing the settings as much as possible and it never really made a difference that was acceptable. Also, I found we were pegging out the operating variables such as backlight, contrast, brightness, and others in trying to improve the picture. I tried many different combinations and we just could not improve the sense that the picture was washed out. Also, I have to wonder whether a TV is worth buying if you have to do so much adjustment to its default settings to get an acceptable picture. Unfortunately, this TV is going back to Amazon. I am glad we purchased it from Amazon directly so we got the 30 day return guarantee. We will return it immediately.

Update: We bought an LG 47" LED LCD TV after we returned this one. Beyond the fact that it is bigger than this TV, one thing to note is that the picture was much better--no washed out look to it. This was with the default settings, not after extensive adjustments as was needed with the Panasonic TV. We are very happy with the LG at this point.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét